Electrify Your Career: Electrical Engineer Opportunity at a Trailblazing Startup
Are you ready to charge up your career and spark a revolution in the diesel engine market?
Join Paradigm Emissions Technologies at the forefront of a green tech initiative that redefines how we think about diesel engines and the environment. We are an innovative startup with a bold mission: to steer the diesel engine fleet market towards a sustainable and profitable future.
With a patented decarbonization solution that is nothing short of a technological marvel, we are searching for a brilliant Senior Electrical Engineer whose ingenuity can help us design, build, and test the electronic control system components that are the heartbeat of our breakthrough device. This is your chance to be part of a team that’s ahead of the curve and actively bending it towards a cleaner, greener planet.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer with our dynamic team, you will dive into a world of electrical, thermal, and mechanical engineering challenges. Your expertise will help perfect a device that delivers significant financial rewards to diesel fleet managers by slashing maintenance costs, boosting engine efficiency, and – here’s the kicker – potentially clearing 200 million tons of global CO2 emissions out of the atmosphere. Yes, you read that right!
This is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a company where your work directly contributes to a healthier planet. Imagine being part of the brains behind a technology that will light up the industry, making you a key player in the journey to a low-carbon future.
Innovate: Apply your electrical engineering prowess to innovate and refine components revolutionizing an industry.
Collaborate: Work alongside a passionate team of thinkers and doers dedicated to sustainable technology and bold ideas.
Lead: Take the reins of projects that will define the future of diesel engines and set new industry benchmarks.
Protect: Play a pivotal role in developing technology that will have a tangible impact on reducing global carbon footprints.
This is more than a job – it’s a calling for those who want their work to echo through the industry and the environment. If you’re ready to harness your potential and electrify your career path with a role that is as rewarding as it is challenging, we can’t wait to see what sparks you’ll bring to our team.
Join us. Power change. Propel your career to new heights and the world towards a cleaner future.
The Nitty Gritty
An experienced, hands-on Electrical Engineer who designs, builds, and tests system components requiring electrical, thermal, and mechanical engineering. The system comprises a high-voltage power supply, system controller hardware and firmware, high-voltage cabling, a plasma reactor with a high-voltage pass-thru, and high-voltage dielectric insulators. The Sr. Electrical Engineer will be involved in all aspects of embedded systems development, including requirements, analysis, design, hardware, firmware, manufacturing, installation, testing, maintenance, and documentation. The successful candidate will work with a team of Paradigm engineers and technicians, Paradigm suppliers, and automotive industry customers. You’ll be in the thick of everything that matters!
- Lead Electrical Engineer for developing electrical components, test plans, and lab procedures.
- Oversee the improvement of existing embedded software and the development of new embedded software solutions for controlling emissions equipment in a real-time operating system environment.
- Ability to identify failure modes, fix hardware issues, and oversee firmware debugging.
- Setup/configure equipment and test platforms.
- Work with Paradigm team in manufacturing, installation/support of Paradigm plasma systems.
- Oversee the development, testing, and production firmware debugging, deliver to the test platform, conduct testing, maintain test documentation, gather and analyze data, and prepare test reports.
Required Experience, Education, Skills, and Competencies
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing, building, and debugging digital and analog systems for system control.
- Demonstrated experience designing and building hardware and firmware control systems.
- Familiar with analog and digital circuit design incorporating a microcontroller.
- Knowledge and experience using electronic test equipment, such as oscilloscope, DVM, signal generator, and logic analyzer.
- Knowledge and experience with data acquisition systems.
- Knowledge and experience with real-time embedded firmware design and implementation.
- Ability to work well in a team environment. Work within design parameters.
- Ability to work with customers and suppliers in representing Paradigm products and technology.
- Demonstrated organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Track record of strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication/briefing skills.
- Ability to travel.
Additional Preferred Experience
- Qualifications not required but considered to be a plus.
- Experience with C and Microchip MPLAB IDE and dsPIC33 microcontroller family.
- Experience with automotive control systems technology.
- Familiar with vehicle electronics standards, including J-1939 and OBD.
- Experience with commercializing technologies into manufacturing and the market.
- Physical Requirements:
- Mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer.
- Ability to use vision to read computer screens and read printed materials.
Apply now, and let’s create a powerful tomorrow together.
1800 Brighton-Henrietta Town Line Road Rochester, NY 14623
Commensurate with experience and industry standards.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the USA with permanent residence.
Paradigm Emissions Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. It affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Paradigm conforms to the spirit and the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. In addition, the company will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
This job description does not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice as directed by the company CEO.